Thursday, February 9, 2012

OYO Stone Fruit Vodka


This drink is pictured in the 13.5 oz
Polka Dot Zombie Glass, available on the
Contemporary Complements website.

“Buying Local” doesn’t necessarily mean buying local to YOU. What it does mean is that when you travel, whether it be down to your local farmer’s market or four states over, you take a moment to look around and see what the locals do well. In 2011, our annual game convention in Columbus, Ohio brought me in contact with the folks (or, more accurately, the output from the folks) at Middle West Spirits. At the time, they had two spirits released: a whiskey and a vodka under their OYO brand.

Later in the year, a friend of mine brought a bottle of their latest effort up to my place: their OYO Stone Fruit Vodka. I found it to be a nice, summery vodka, improved when served chilled (I love the concept of fresh summer fruit flavors in alcohol; I made a rumtopf for the first time this year), but also found that a bit of this in lemonade will transport me to our back porch on a summer evening, watching the chickadees make their last runs of the evening at the feeder as the fireflies begin to light up the backyard. I expect my first bottle of this will not be my last.

1 oz. OYO Stone Fruit vodka
2 oz. lemonade

Serve over ice and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there,

    These fruit flavored vodka are really good to health?


    Thanks,
    Gerald

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, in moderation, perhaps. I wouldn't be replacing water in my diet with it, to be sure...

    ReplyDelete