Monday, January 30, 2012

What’s Going on Here?


Hi – my name’s Alex. I help make games as a full-time job, and occasionally speak in front of people. My wife Julie is an artist working primarily with painted and etched glass (Contemporary Complements). And, every so often, I mix a drink or two for friends, family and myself. I’m not a bartender or mixologist, preferring to refer to myself as an enthusiastic amateur (in most things that I do, actually). More on that tomorrow.

Today, I want to welcome you to our weekly trip into what I have learned, and an ongoing conversation into what I should find out about. It’s envisioned to be part cocktail recipes, part appreciation for alcohols, drinks and nightspots that deserve attention, part braindump, and part showcase for my wife’s glassware. Along the way, I’ll tell stories, accept feedback and criticism (deserved or otherwise), and at the end of the day try to be as knowledgeable as I am enthusiastic.

We’ll continue to state our vision over the next two days, leading up to our first entry on Thursday (and every Thursday beyond that). Welcome to our blog, and we hope you enjoy the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment